Saturday, November 1, 2008

ugly first thing in the morning

France, morning

...well I just got a phone call from almost the only friend I have here. This morning, she went to the cafe' where we went last week. She was talking about me with the waiters there and they told her that I passed by the other day (I was on my way to the gym), that I said "bonjour" (of course, I think that saying "hi" is the minimum) and that I am ugly. Since she was not sure that she understood well, they said that I am ugly in French and in Spanish, just to be 100% certain that she got the point.
This is already not extremely nice, but it is their opinion. What hurts me is that she called me just now, she told me the story and she remarked the fact of how many times these guys repeated on how ugly I am (and so she needed to repeat it to me too a few times, to be sure I know how ugly I am probably or to be sure that I know that people think I am ugly).
Nice, isn't it?
Everyone is allowed to have its own opinion of course, but someone, a friend tells you that you are ugly as a first thing (she is the first person I talked to this morning) on saturday morning...bah...I was speechless. Why would you do that? why would you say something that can be hurtful to a friend? Maybe I have a weird sense of humor, but if it was supposed to be funny, it was not!

1 comment:

La Femme said...

Um, I think that your "friend" might be lying. I do not believe that the cafe staff would say that. It doesn't sound to me like she is a friend at all. You are lovely.