Thursday, November 6, 2008

meeting people through internet...why not?

France, night

I am happy. It is 11.33 pm and I am happy. I laughed together with a complete stranger, we talked about our trips around the world, about her life, my life, the animals I would like to have in my apartment once I would have an apartment for longer than a year, about things we like, about weird cultural habits.
Can I say it? It was just nice and refreshing. I am also always so stressed about inviting people to my place because it is really small and I am a control freak, so I always fear that something would be not in order...but this evening, we went to a cafe and then because the cafe was closing, she came to my place. And we drank tea, eat cookies and we talked more. And yes, my apartment was a mess and I even have the laundry hanging in the middle of my small living room. And still, it was nice. Only one negative thing....my apartment was icy cold, so the poor girl kept the jacket on, even if I had the heat on....

She just left. We will meet again tomorrow with other people. I don't know if we will keep going out together, I hope yes (unfortunately she will leave already in December), but for sure, I enjoyed this evening. And I needed. I left work really down. And now, I am smiling. And I resisted to check an email I got from my ex-boss. I don't need to stress myself out now....

So, two things...maybe I should stop being so negative about meeting people through internet.
And second, THANKS to LA FEMME for suggesting me to register with CS!!!

3 comments:

VioletSky said...

Am glad you had a good time with your noew friend.
Good Luck tonight.

fromtheworld said...

tonight was just great! I met so many nice people and we already plan to meet again next week end and do things together. It is just so nice! I am really happy!

La Femme said...

Fantastique!