Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A poetry- Zucchero Chocabeck

My father came to visit me after my surgery.
Unexpectedly, I had a very good time talking to him. I can't allow myself to believe that people may change and that he may have started to care about me. The disappointment if this wouldn't be the case would hurt me too much. I have learned something about him in my life till now. But I have to admit that I was happy to have him here, that he was nice to me, and that he behaved like a "normal" caring father I guess should behave. So, it was nice.

Yesterday, I went out in the car with him and he was playing the new CD of Zucchero, an Italian singer that I really like. I read that this last album of Zucchero was really good and different in comparison to the previous ones. I read that it was a very intimate album.

At the first track of the album, I got goose bumps on my arms. The music was so melodic and the song so intense, that I felt like I was reading a wonderful poetry, and even more. My father this morning, before to leave to come back to Italy, left me the CD, so that I could listen to it all. I am listening to it now. I don't like all the songs in the same way (e.g., I am not crazy about "E' un peccato morir", even if it is more Zucchero old style), but I suggest the CD anyway or at least to get some of the songs, because they are marvelous. I am amazed that Zucchero is not better known outside Italy. He is one the contemporary Italian singers that I like most. Of this album, "Oltre le rive" touches me to the core.

Another important thing. I saw on the CD that Zucchero supports the Associazione Italiana Sclerosi Multipla, another good reason to get this CD: enjoy the good music and also do something good for others (in this case people with sclerosis).

Let me know if you like Chocabeck too.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am from America and I' be seen Zucchero twice.Chocabeck is a fantastic cd,very beautiful music and lyrics.I hope he comes to America this year.

fromtheworld said...

I saw the dates of the 2011 tour and I didn't see any concert in the USA planned so far. You can find the dates of the concerts on his website.
I am glad that you like the cd too. I agree that both the lyrics and the music are very beautiful.

girl daydreaming said...

I will have a listen. I don't know his music. I am looking forward to the hearing it. I also still have to see the cartoon that the movie Avatar is based on that you recommended... thanks...

girl daydreaming said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, I am beginning to think that when people start to get older, they begin to think about the past and realise the bad mistakes they made. I think they begin to learn there is a better way. That they can't treat people badly, that it is not ok. I think when we get older we learn more the value of love and life. Some learn later than others (and some don't learn at all I fear).

I have a similiar experience with one of my parents...

I think finally with getting older, they begin to see some things. It surprises us and leaves us confused because for most of our lives it hasn't been this way.

fromtheworld said...

Girldaydreaming: I really like this CD of Zucchero and the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I am planning to give it as a present to at least 2 people.

About people getting older and finding what it counts in life. I really wish it will be my father's case too. I heard a lot people saying that after a bad disease, when you are very close to die, you realize what really matters in life. My father survived to a cancer and 3 heart attacks, but none of this changed his attitude toward my sister and I. I really hope that getting older will do the trick. It would be nice. But I have to be very careful with him, to not get hurt very badly again and again.

fromtheworld said...

Ah, I forgot. Watch the Avatar cartoon. It is very, very cool!!! at first, I didn't like it and I thought it was for kids, but then after a few episodes, I couldn't stop watching it.