Sunday, December 19, 2010

Book club

We had the monthly book club meeting yesterday. It was about the book "Yellow Blue Tibia". I really enjoy the meetings of the book club. It gives me the chance to read books that I would never buy and read. This one for example was a science fiction book. I would never buy a science fiction book, as it is not the kind of stories I enjoy to read.
But I am glad I read this one. Even if the end of the book is totally confusing and quite disappointing, if we would remove the last let's say 60-80 pages of the book (I don't remember from where exactly I started to not like it), then it is a very enjoyable book to read.

The next book chose for the book club of January is "The girl who fell from the sky". I still didn't start it, as I am already reading other two books. Fortunately, I have a long train ride ahead of me (to go to Italy for Christmas), so it will be the perfect occasion to read a bit more.

2 comments:

girl daydreaming said...

I read a book recently that I just enjoyed very much, the ending wasn't bad but it felt incomplete, like something was missing from such a rich story. So cool you are enjoying your book club!

Enjoy your travels home for the holidays. I love long train rides, that feeling that I am going somewhere, watching the views go by, time to think, read and dream...

Merry Christmas to you and a beautiful Happy New year too...

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. This book starts to lose its mind toward the end. It starts to fall over itself and becomes totally confused.
-Scott