Sunday, June 21, 2009

The best excuses for not needing to shower

France, night

A lot of people seem to arrive on my blog typing "why French don't shower" and then they end up on my post.

Because we are now in the best season to fully appreciate the mixture of natural body odors of whom doesn't shower since days, I decided to list here the best excuses I heard for not showering (and not only from the French):

1) (Currently very common) It is hot outside, so if I shower and go out I will sweat again. I may just not shower till I don't need to go out.

2) (following the previous one) I stay at home, I don't need to shower.

3) (for the winter) It is cold outside, I don't sweat, so I don't need to shower.

4) (the ecologist) Water is a resource to not be wasted. I like to think that if I don't shower, I will help the planet. (this excuse was particularly disappointing as I heard it from a very cute German guy....who unfortunately stank like a goat!)

5) (the self-convinced) I don't sweat. Taking one shower a week is enough for me. The rest of the days I just use deodorant/perfume.

6) (the scientist) Body odors are part of us. They are natural. Humans are the only ones in the animal kingdom who try to cover body odors with artificial things.

7) (for the night people) I like to shower in the morning, it helps me to wake up. Unfortunately, I am always running late, so I don't have enough time to shower most of the days.

8) (for the morning people) I like to shower before bed, so I go to bed clean. Unfortunately, often it is so late by the time that I go to bed, that I just don't shower.

9) (reason for not loving to shower suggested by Nicole in the comment to this post) Not being a big shower-fan because after we have to do the hair.

These are the best excuses for not showering that came up to my mind just now. I will update this post if I will hear or remember new excuses. If you know any good one, please let me know!

I thought of this topic for my night post, as today in France it is the "fete de la musique" day. Basically a day of the music. Very cool. But also an occasion to come very close to a lot of very smelly people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually really hate showering, but only because I hate doing my hair.. .Seriously.

fromtheworld said...

Wow. I got another good reason for not showering!
I am lucky, I don't need to do absolutely anything with my hair. They are always fine! So, I normally wash them and go out like that, without drying them or anything.