Sunday, June 7, 2009

House warming party

France, morning

Yesterday there was the festival of "les fanfares". A lot of musical bands came here from different parts of France, Italy and Spain to play at the festival. It was such a nice, partying, friendly, warm atmosphere. There was also the gay pride yesterday. It was a very busy nice day, with a lot of activities going on. By the time I got home last night, I was so tired that I fell asleep even with the noise of the bands playing.

So, I need to think about when and what to do for the house warming party. I think that I never had a house warming party before. I like the idea, but then I feel more comfortable when people just stop by and visit me, than when I invite more people over for a party. I always feel that if I invite people over, I have to try to make sure that they all have a good time...so, what can I organize? of course, I need to make sure to have enough alcohol, as they all drink quite a bit. Then, I will prepare something small to snack on and then? I like a lot to have people over, but I get nervous about how to entertain them. I am sure I will find a way to organize something nice...and I hope that everyone will enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh.. a crémaillère.. I went to one when I was in the South. Everyone brought a lot of alcohol, dressed nice and there was a ton of food. I think I saw 10 pizzas be consumed within 30 minutes. Haha. It was fun and they all enjoyed smoking a lot and talking... Sing Star was also an activity that took up a lot of time. I am sure you will have a lot of fun! Just stock up on the martini and muscat!

fromtheworld said...

La cremaillere is such a funny word...the first time they told me that I thought that they said "la cremiere" and I couldn't understand the relationship between an house warming party and cream....
what is sing star?
ahhhh, the French and the smoke...I will send anyone who wants to smoke on the balcony. For the rest, I will follow your advice: make sure to have plenty of food and alcohol.