Thursday, June 25, 2009

After la cremaillere

France, morning

My eyes this morning are open so little that I can barely see. I am too sleepy. Last night the cremaillere/the house warming party was nice. I hope everyone enjoyed, even if there were two different groups of people who didn't really integrated as I hoped. But we laughed a lot and this is the most important thing.

I made a lot of small things to "grignoter" (French for snacking) and I made sure to have plenty of alcoholic beverages: wine, lot of beer, juice, coke, water of course. I think I over-due in some way (I probably got this characteristics from my mom who gets so worry that there are not enough things to eat and to drink when she invites someone, that normally we can go on with the left over for days). I have quite some left over. And left over of things that I can't eat or drink, so I guess I will use this as an occasion to invite some friend over again.

A friend of mine brought some fruits beer...I heard about it and I think that it is just cute and weird. I can't try it unfortunately, as I don't stand alcohol, but it looks funny anyway. I made the tiramisu as I was planning to. I didn't find the right cookies, but apparently none noticed, as everyone loved it and asked me for the recipe. I should open a take away tiramisu place. It is quite easy to prepare. Then I also made some banana-walnut muffins. First time for me in which I made muffins. It turned out quite well.... I made them cow-milk free, so that I could try them. They are good! I just had two of them for breakfast this morning (they are quite small).

It is amazing how little I like to cook (in fact, I never cook) and how much I like instead to prepare cakes and cookies and sweet things, even if a lot of times I can't eat them. I think that dessert are such a social, happy thing to make and to share. It always makes me happy to prepare cakes!

Now I should start to work, I have so much to do!!!

No comments: