Monday, June 1, 2009

hanging in there

France, night

A very short post before to go to bed. It was holidays here today and I went to the beach with my mom. I can't imagine living again in the future far from the sea. I am a true marine organism. Being close to the sea, watching the sea and its movement just gives me some peace and makes me feel happy.

However, I was surprised to see how many women go topless here in the South of France. And the most surprising thing is that the majority of them is for sure over 40 years old. I think in Italy is going out of fashion being at the beach topless, but in any case, the majority of people being topless in Italy are in a range between 25-40 years old. Here the majority of the women have a very large, low breast that proudly show around.

I am totally for the freedom of expression, and I am happy that these women feel comfortable enough to go around with these large things hanging there looking toward their feet. But I have to admit that beside my being open-minded (and I got to think that sometimes my mind is not that open as I would like to think), I was unpleasantly surprised. I think I am just too prude.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. I noticed this too. Love your post.

fromtheworld said...

I wonder if the French notice this too and it is something awkward that happens around here or if for them is just normal...