Wednesday, November 12, 2008

update on my allergic reaction

Just a quick update. I think my body is trying to eliminate the poisonous substances (maybe that includes the stress too)...the results is that even if my face is not swollen anymore, my shoulders and back now are full of little red spots...so much that when yesterday I went to a shop to try a dress and I saw it, I got scared and disgusted at the same time.
But it looks like it is slowly getting better.
I didn't buy the dress.
Not because of the red zits that I saw on myself, but because the dress was not looking too good on me.
This morning, my face looks like a rough surface, with a lot of under-skin pimples. But nothing red on my face anymore.
The neck seems ok.
But the whole thing looked quite scary.....

4 comments:

Piccola said...

I'm glad your body is trying to rid itself of the poisonous substance. How scary!! It's good you didn't go into anaphylactic shock! Mamma mia... I'm allergic to latex, so I always make sure to remind my doctor when I go for a visit, even if they marked my file.

What ingredient are you allergic to? Or did you not know of your allergy before?

fromtheworld said...

I didn't know. I didn't know of any product to which I am allergic. And I had bromelain before. I have problem with the lactose, but it is not an allergy. And yes, I was terribly scared of going into anaphylactic shock, especially because it runs in the family. Now, I am still scared, because since I am always alone (no close friends, no family members here, no boyfriend), if something like this would happen in a more serious way, I would feel lost!

Piccola said...

you should get tested to see what you are allergic to. I think it would be a good idea, especially since you live alone.

fromtheworld said...

I will. I am actually planning to get a full check up when I will go back to Italy for Christmas. My health is a bit too weird lately and even if I am sure it has a lot to do with stress, I don't like it. And here one doctor does it all, general medicine, gynecologist, dermatologist...so I prefer to wait to be in Italy, since I will be there pretty soon.