Wednesday, November 19, 2008

how can France be such a strong country?

France, evening

I am here, in my humid apartment with this question moving around in my head. It seems to me that to do the simplest thing in the world here, not only it takes ages, but it is worst than the South American "manana, manana"....basically, you can wait till your hair are all white and still nothing will happen.
Do you need some paperwork done for work? that takes about a month, if there are no problem with it. Do you need something urgent, like repairing the heater in winter? that would probably take some month (the heating in my office blows cold hair, like if we were in the middle of the summer)...do you need something fixed in your apartment? just forget it.

I just sent a semi-unfriendly email to the agency that rented me this cool apartment that falls apart. I signed a declaration that I had a water infiltration from the roof a month ago. During this month, we had more rain, more sun, more rain and now sun since 10 days. At the agency they told me that because before it was raining and the roof was slippery, then none could come till this week, so when everything will be well dried. Fine, I understand that. Now, today is wednesday, nobody called, nobody came. Wanna bet that till next week (except if my email will move something) nothing is again going to happen?

Just to have an idea of the condition of my bathroom, I put here two pictures. The wall is so humid that when it rains, if I press a paper to the wall, the paper gets wet. My apartment is so humid that with the heater on it seems to be in a tropical forest...and then I wonder why I get sick over and over....right, why????

Beside, if it starts raining again (which cannot be excluded), the water is now entering also in the other room (my bedroom/living room) where I have everything (books, computer, etc...)...I am not really happy about this possibility.

Sorry, I am slightly pissed. I have no patient, especially when I see a lot of unprofessional people around me. I miss Germany for this. Every country really has its up and down sides...

No comments: