Saturday, November 1, 2008

childish

France, night

Call me childish, but tonight I couldn't handle to go out with my friend after her call this morning. So, I stayed home, writing a letter to a friend, reading, eating, watching some episodes of the 5th season of sex and the city, thinking, reading some more, waiting for the big thunderstorm (which seems to just start) and then in a bit going to bed.

Tomorrow is another day and I will see how I feel. For sure, unfortunately, I have to work, which doesn't make me jumping of joy....and for the rest, we will see. One thing at the time. I really miss my old friends. Yes, sometimes they disappoint me, even a lot sometimes. And sometimes, I disappoint them. But my old friends are still part of my life for a reason. They wouldn't hurt me to make themselves feeling better and with them, I can just be myself...and it feels great. I miss them.

PS. Not related to this post. My mum told me today that the new movie with Elio Germano is out. I want to see it!!! I doubt that it will be shown here....I can't wait to be in Italy over Christmas and watch all the Italian movies (read especially all the ones with Elio Germano) I missed.



PPS. Today I was close to buy the movie with John Malkovich about Klimt. It was just too expensive, so I left it there, but I am going to watch it soon. It is supposed to be a good movie (not really according to the movie database...)! Speaking about hot men!!!

2 comments:

Piccola said...

I meant to tell you that for me the best part of Me Talk Pretty One Day was his brother because he is like an American terrone and he made me laugh. Also the whole dysfunctional family dynamic. It reminded me of many families I know. I wouldn't say it's his best book, but I have yet to read the others.
I haven't seen the Malkovich movie, but it doesn't have good reviews. Let me know if you see it.
The Italian film looks nice. I have been downloading Italian movies from emule.com, but they don't have subtitles so I am forced to learn.

fromtheworld said...

I found the first three chapters of the book really sad. Then it got better. Now I like the part in which he is in France, it makes me smile thinking of his experience in learning French, dealing with French people etc. But I was surprised because a lot of people who read it really couldn't stop laughing while reading it.
I am sure your Italian suggested you some movie to see, but if you haven't seen them I suggest you "My brother is a only child" and "N, Napoleon and I" with Germano of course. Then I like a lot "Le fate ignoranti" of Ozpetek. But this is a weird movie, I have to admit it.
I will let you know about the movie Klimt. I still have to see "Be John Malkovich". Have you seen it?