Sunday, November 23, 2008

do I look that serious?

France, lunch time

Wild night. I couldn't sleep till 5 am this morning because of my cough....of course, not really taking care of it doesn't improve anything.

Last night I went dancing. And I danced like crazy (it is one of my addictions). I enjoyed it a lot. And I realized something. People who do not know me consider me much more serious than what I actually am. Maybe because of my job, maybe because I think a lot, maybe because at the beginning if I am not too comfortable with the crowd I am shy, maybe because I don't drink alcohol, because I try to be healthy, because I don't smoke, dunno....the thing is, people who don't know me after a few times that we do things together, always get surprised to find out that I am not the too serious person they thought I was.

And this happened again yesterday. I dance a bit like a crazy person and I am sure that if you are not used to see someone who moves so much and so fast as soon as she hears the music, than yes, it could be a bit shocking at first. Then I made a comment about one of the barman being cute and actually quite sexy for my taste. And this was even more surprising apparently. The mentioned barman looked like a surfer guy, someone looking wild, an "outdoor" person. I don't know, it is difficult to explain how he really looked like, beside that he was attractive (and I am really really picky). Let's say he was not looking like the classical family man looks like. And exactly for this reason, I liked him. I mean, I am someone who thinks that John Malkovich and Elio Germano are extremely sexy... But of course, if you don't know me, you don't know this for sure about me.

So, one of the girl who was with me, when we left the disco-pub told me that she was surprised that I could find sexy someone like him. And that she thought that I was more for the intellectual looking type of guy, someone looking more serious like me....
Do I look that serious? I didn't take it as a compliment (of course she didn't mean it in a positive or negative way)...I consider myself really serious in terms of values, I am definitively serious when it comes to work, but I love to have fun.....maybe I should wear more often my bright yellow pants, instead of my plain jeans....

In any case, none but maybe one of the people I liked or felt in love for was looking like the intellectual type of guy. The people I actually felt in love for are all the three extremely smart and for sure intelligent, but they do not look that serious. And I found them amazingly attractive for this contrast.

It is kind of funny when you find out that people judged you in a quite different way from the "real" you....

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

I totally feel this same way too at work or socializing that people view me in a different way then I see myself. It's like hearing a recording of your voice and thinking my voice doesn't sound like that in my head!

fromtheworld said...

the thing of the voice is amazing, isn't it? everytime I hear my voice I think "that can't be my voice, it sounds so bad"....in my head I have a much prettier voice :-)