Wednesday, November 5, 2008

feels like a blind date

France, evening

I know, I wrote a few days ago that I will be blogging less and spend more time away from my computer, checking emails and so on. I am getting there. Slowly, but I am getting there. First, since next tuesday is holidays here, I will take a long week end away from work. Second, but not related to the first point, I hope it is going to stop to rain that I have the bathroom wall totally wet, I had to leave my bike at work, and it is generally since saturday that it continuously rains cats and dogs.

Beside this, through internet (I know, it is not something I would do.....but what can I do if I really need to make more friends???) I contacted some foreigners who live here and tomorrow I will meet a girl for a drink after work. My first meeting with her. We just exchanged a few emails and she seems nice....so now I am nervous. I want so much to have some friends here, people with whom to do things when we want to, someone nice to talk to, to have fun with, that I am totally nervous...thinking and if she doesn't like me? and if she thinks I am boring? and if I think she is boring? and if we both get bored after two minutes???

It feels like being on a blind date...not that I know how a blind date feels since I never had one....
My friends are people I grew up with, I worked with, I did sport with, something....my friends are someone with whom I had something in common as a start. The common point with this person is that we are both foreigners in France wanting to make friends here....I wonder, can this be a good enough starting point? at least the good part of it is that I don't have to worry about what to wear and how to look since it is not a date....this already takes some stress away from me...

Wish me good luck!

PS. I can't imagine how nervous I will be the day that I will start to date again....
PPS. On friday evening I will have a general meeting with all (or at least the ones who will attend to the meeting) these foreigners...for now there are 20 people registered. Wish me good luck again!!!

2 comments:

Piccola said...

:) You are so cute! I am sure you will connect with someone. I hope you have a really nice time. I guess meeting people from the internet is not so bad after all right?

I recently made a new friend and Friday will be our second "date".

Enjoy yourself and I look forward to hearing all about it.

fromtheworld said...

I claim to be open-minded but sometimes I have a lot of prejudices. Meeting someone through internet may be one of those...Thanks for your wishes and enjoy your second "date" with your new friend!