Monday, October 27, 2008

a present

France, lunch time

I woke up this morning in a kinda of weird mood (I know it is nothing new)...first, I would have loved to stay longer in bed. Second, I was nervous for the response that I was waiting (and I am still waiting). Third, I need a holidays. So, I came to work totally unmotivated. I got here and I got an email from one of my collaborator who sent me completely different things than what I asked him (I am starting to think that we speak a different language, even if we both claim to communicate in English)...so, by 11 am my mood was under my shoes.

Then, the technician told me that someone called me that I received a letter and if I could go to pick it up. I went, and it was a package from my mom with a lot of nice things inside. A lot of Italian relaxing magazine, facial masks, a cd I guess with the movie of my sister wedding, a short letter....I was so happy. This present lifted immediately my mood. Not only for what it contained, but also because I love love love to receive things like letters, packages, I love these surprise...I think I am still a kid in this sense! Every day I open my mail box hoping to find a letter or a card or something like that. It is so cool!
I also love to write letters and cards, because I always imagine than the people who will receive them may be as happy as I am when I receive these things. So, it is nice for me to write them (much less impersonal than an email) and hopefully for them to receive them!

PS. It is funny. I just left a comment about this a few days ago on a MissB blog entry

3 comments:

Portlandier said...

Mom's always know when we need a little something to make us smile. :)

fromtheworld said...

that is true....it seems that just because they are our mothers, they also have the capacity to feel when something is wrong!

La Femme said...

If you email me your address, I will send you a little package with some little mementos from Australia!