Saturday, October 11, 2008

ready for the autumn

France, evening

I am ready. I bought a lot of tea bags, lot of vegetables to cook, lot of typical fall food. I am ready for the autumn weather, but it seems that the weather is not ready for it.
Downtown today I saw people dressed like if it is still August and people pretending it was already winter, thus wearing wool stuff. It is still quite warm and it doesn't seem that the autumn started yet. I don't know why, but I am a big fan of the changing of the seasons. I always have problems if I have to live in a place where there are not four well defined seasons. Of course, after two months of cold winter, I dream of living in a place where it is spring all year long. But in the same way, after a few months of rainy and windy fall, I look forward to wear warm clothing and to the "real" winter.

Beside this, in these days I keep thinking about Amsterdam. I always feel that Amsterdam is the right place to be to fully enjoy the autumn days. They have the best dutch apple pie, to which I am addicted. They have really nice, friendly cafe' where to hide when outside it rains too strong and they have a lot of theaters, cinemas and things to do indoor and outdoor, making possible to always find a refuge in case of bad or good weather.
I am not complaining about Montpellier and the nice weather. I am just fully ready for a "real" autumn day!

No comments: