Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Raining on my coat

France, evening

I went out for a really short walk. I don't like too much to walk around alone when it is dark. It was something like 10 minutes walk, just from here to the supermarket and back. It is raining. I saw a guy falling from his bike because of the streets of this city when it rains became sliding. He said he was ok. I guess that after biking a bit here, you know that if it rains you are going to slide with your bike and end up on the floor. Maybe not every time, but it is just something that you have to accept as a matter of fact.
In any case, I was walking and I didn't slide. But I was just thinking of how lovely is to walk alone in the rain, when you can hear the tic tic of the rain on your rain coat. Of course I am not talking of pouring rain, but more of this relaxing, slow continuous rain. I don't know, I like walking in the rain. I find it relaxing. I actually also like to run in the rain (beside the fact that after 10 minutes you have so much water in your shoes that you hear your feet moving inside with a ciaf ciaf noise...)...I would have liked to stay outside and walk longer. Walking in the rain is one of the things that I really enjoy doing it alone, just me, my raincoat and the rain. I feel in peace with the world!

No comments: