Thursday, October 16, 2008

spinning, French course, lunch downtown

France, evening

This was my plan for today. I thought I deserved to pamper myself a bit, since if I don't do it, I am not sure who will. I woke up thinking of coming back downtown for lunch, take it easy for an hour and then go back to work and work till 5 pm. Then bike to the place where I should have had my first class of French course and then finally a killing hour of spinning at the gym.

Instead my day was:
wake up. Can't get out of bed. I have to wake up. No, I want to sleep a bit longer. I have to wake up. It is cozy in bed. I have to wake up. Shit, it is already 8.30. I have to definitely wake up. I don't have any more yogurt for breakfast, I didn't have time to buy it. I have some old bread from yesterday. It tasted like chewingum, but it is going to be my breakfast with some grapes.

Breakfast done, shower then. Done, out of the door. Shit, how can it be that it is already 10? get the bike, stop at the pharmacy to try to buy some cream with a prescription from the USA. No, I need a prescription from a French doctor. Ok, no cream. Bike to work. Get to work. Start to work. Puzzling results in my work. Getting completely frustrated. Starting to work on something else till lunch time. My boss comes in. He has a short break to check my results. "Can we do it in 15 minutes?" he asks. Fine, I go to get a sandwich. It is 1.15 pm and I didn't eat yet.

Going to the sandwich place. Full of people, I wait 15 minutes, nothing, still 4 people in front of me. Ok, dunno how much time my boss has for me. I don't eat now. I go back. I get back and tell him that I am ready, I will eat later. Phone ringing. He answers. Almost 1 hour passed by. I didn't eat, he is still on the phone. 2.20 pm now. Ok, I tell to the technician that I go to get something to eat. "No, he is done, then he has to teach. He is not going to talk longer on the phone". I wait. 2:30 pm. Still on the phone. Ok, I go. I get the sandwich and get back. He has 10 minutes to quickly check some of my results, then he had to run to teach. Perfect. Back at 4 pm.

4 pm sharp. Meeting starts. Yeah, yeah, I am doing some pretty cool stuff. I made a lot of mistakes here and there still. Things can be done in an easier way. Perfect. End of the meeting 5.30 pm. French course starting just now. Biking from work to the course: 20 minutes. Ok, I am not going, I will fix this stuff for work (the easier way). Working till 7:30 pm. Too late for the gym. I just got home (8:00 pm). I ate half of the sandwich an hour ago. I am done with dinner. I can go to bed right now. No, I have to do some more work, otherwise I would forget what my boss explained to me today.

Uhmmmmmmmmmm......to conclude. No spinning, no French course, no lunch downtown.
PS. The lattuce in the sandwich was not washed, so I ate a bit of dirt too.

Ok, tomorrow is going to be better......................It has to be..................I can't just work, eat and sleep. Can I? and then my friends and family tell me that I have to relax. Sorry, I wish I could, but that needs time too.......

No comments: