Friday, June 6, 2008

Flatmate part II

Montpellier (France), morning

This morning my flatmate woke me up at 6.45 am because her phone was ringing first and then she started to speak on the phone so laud that it was impossible to keep sleeping. She even went to the toilet with the phone, keeping talking to someone who, I imagine, was not that interested in hearing the toilet flushing and the rest....

Beside this, I forgot yesterday to mention probably the best flatmate I ever had, a Japanese...In Amsterdam, I shared the house with other 3 or 4 people, depending on the time. This guy, arrived and he looked immediately a bit weird, but as I never interacted before with Japanese, I read his behavior as a cultural difference. Basically, he never wanted to adapt to the different time zone compared to Japan and so when we were going to bed, he was awake working, while when we were up going to work, he was sleeping...that, I have to admit, was really good for sharing the common spaces, since he was never there when the rest of the people were there....
One time, he stopped to appear at the time we were going to bed, we didn't hear him, we didn't see his laundry, not hearing him moving....at that point we started to worry if he was just away for a trip or if he was dead in his bed....after a quick consulting with the others, we decided that he was away and to not worry. Something like 5 days later, he appeared from his door, telling us that he was sick and for all that time he spent his days in bed without coming out from his room (which beside was cut just on his size, since it was originally a room for young kids, so extremely small). I guess that when none was at home he may have left his room to go to the bathroom or to drink or eat. But he did that in such a silent way that even the one of us who was always working at home, never heard or saw him.

My current flatmate is again on the phone. I think I am going to put her phone on fire....

No comments: