Sunday, June 15, 2008

Montpellier pictures

Montpellier (France), afternoon

I am falling asleep. I have to drink my coffee otherwise I cannot make it to the end of this blog awake. I went for a walk downtown today. I wanted to go to the beach by bike (without getting lost of course), but the weather was not too nice. Instead, I decided to walk downtown and take a few pictures.

This is part of place the la Comedie, looking at the Esplanade. It is much bigger, but just to give an idea.

Then if you walk from there in the direction of the Arc du Triomphe, there is the Place du Marche' du fleurs, where hopefully I will move at the end of this month. The picture has been taken in a way that the building that you see is where I will enter to go to my future apartment. Interestingly, next to the entrance door, there is a SPA and a pharmacy with all the anticellulite products :-). In the same square, there is also another SPA. It is definitively the right place for me. As soon as I can, I will also take a few pictures inside the building, because it is amazing, but for now I have no access to it.

In the summer, on thursday evening, there are free tango classes (I have to try it) and people dancing tango on the square. In the square next to it (which is not visible in the picture) on friday,
there are bands playing jazz in the evening.

The road going to the Arc du Triomphe is quite fancy, but the Jardin de Peyrou after the Arc is simply beautiful. I am planning to go there running in the evening after work, once I will move to the new apartment. It is so close. And before to pass the Arc, there is a building that I have no idea of what it is, but it just looks nice, so I took a picture of it. Of course, I could have also crossed the road to read what it is, but I was lazy and so I will have to check that another time.


Then you finally get to the Jardin and this is what you see in front of you as soon as you enter in there and at your shoulder, you have again the Arc.

Walking in, at the end of the Jardin there is another structure, which I am not what it represents.... I am a disaster as a guide, I know.........but I am trying to improve that.

From the Jardin on the left you can walk in the direction of the Botanical Garden of which this was the entrance (but now it has been moved a bit further down to the road). Before to get to the current entrance of the botanical garden, on the right there is the Faculty of Medical Science, which is in an amazingly looking huge historical building. I would chose to go to the Medical School for a couple of years just to say that I am going to the University there.....At the botanical garden I finally saw two lizards. I was wondering where all the lizards are in this place......

No comments: