Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dogville

France, night

My goodness. I am sure that this movie, Dogville, has some deep insight about human nature that I didn't get. I am sure that movie experts could consider it a great sophisticated and whatever else movie. I just found it disturbing. Disturbing in an horrible way. I liked the fact that it was played like in a theater. I liked the acting. But the story is so terrible, so unnecessarily mentally disturbing brutally violent. I don't know. I really don't like this kind of movies. I know that on the imbd database the movie got a high rating. But still, it is just too much for me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276919/

And I wanted to watch it because a person who was working with me in Germany told me that it was a great movie...I am sure she saw in there something that I was not able to pick up. I am sure she was able to move behind the sadness of the story, the violence.

I hope to be able to have good dreams tonight and sleep well.

No comments: