Sunday, June 8, 2008

disaster in the kitchen

Montpellier (France), evening

I was putting some picture on my blog, when I decided to start to make dinner. I am not sure my genes are 100% Italian, because my eating/cooking behavior has nothing to do with the typical Italian woman. There are things that I like to eat and things I don't like, but if I am alone, I care a little of what I eat as long as it gives me some immediate satisfaction. This means, that I love to just eat yogurt (and not only for breakfast), since it is soft, as well as mashed potatoes. When I decide to eat it is because I need food. At that moment, or soon anyway....

So, this evening I decided for tuna (from the can), boiled broccoli and mashed potatoes. If my mum reads this blog, by now she would disgusted. By anyway, this was my plan. The mashed potatoes was for a pre-cocked mashed potatoes thing, so I just needed to add soja milk and water. So, I prepared the thing, put everything in a pot and I came here to keep adding pictures to the blog and writing emails. In another pot I but the water to boil the broccoli. And I forgot about the dinner. Till the moment I heard a weird noise from the kitchen. And I found a whitish, bubbly thing coming out of the pot. In the other pot, the water didn't even start to boil, since, as I found out, that part of the electric kitchen doesn't work. I tried to save the dinner anyway and it turned out that I I rescued the mashed potatoes, I managed to boil broccoli and I have been able to open the tuna can without any further disaster. I also already cleaned everything.

Basically, it is not that I don't like to eat or to cook, it is just that if I am alone there is no satisfaction in neither of the two....but I have to bring here my wok. With that, I am a bit better and I can also cook something decent just for myself. The wok is so fast!

No comments: