Thursday, June 19, 2008

Flatmate, flatmate and flatmate again

Montpellier (France), morning

I have no idea why it seems so difficult to find a good flatmate. Of course, as I realized reading a blog of XUP (link on the left in my blog page) about how nice is to live alone, I like too much living alone to really appreciate to live with someone else, especially if I didn't chose the person...But in Amsterdam I had good luck with two of my flatmate (actually one was great, was even cooking for the rest of us sometimes....). After then, no luck.

Maybe I am picky. And I am aware of this. Maybe I am too jealous of my space, time, things, schedule, but I have some serious issue with my actual flatmate. And she is nice, she is friendly. She is just difficult to live with. Last night before bed, I decided to clean the kitchen that was looking like having hosted a wild party (even if there have been no parties in there as far as I know).
I got the broom (I always forget this word in English) and it stunk. The broom had the smell of the perfume of my flatmate. Really, really strong smell.
Now I wonder, does she comb her hair with the broom? I don't think it would be an easy thing to do. So, how is it possible that the broom smells of her perfume even more than my flatmate itself? did she spread the perfume on the broom? I wanted to ask her about that, because it is just too weird...but I thought that explaining her the thing in French wouldn't have been that easy, especially at night...so for now I decided to keep an eye on the broom and check if something weird happens to it.

I managed to clean the kitchen anyway.

2 comments:

Cycling Goddess said...

Maybe she dances with the broom very close to her so it gets the perfume :)

What a strange flatmate you have... I live alone since 1990 and I really enjoy it. Not sure I'd be able to share my space with anyone anymore.

fromtheworld said...

maybe...it could be a possibility that she dances with the broom. I would know where she can dance, since the apartment is so small...maybe on her bed. Anyway, I love to live alone, but since I just moved here, I couldn't find anything else for this first month. Hopefully from next month I will live alone again.