Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a wonderful place

France, evening

Tired. Like always lately. I am working a lot. But I am also highly motivated. It is an inspiring environment here. And then, when I get out of work, it is always sunny, not too hot anymore, with a bit of wind, geckos on the wall (I always see the same big fat gecko when I go to get my bike), and it is so nice just biking or walking home that all the day of work can just move beyond me. This surrounding just makes me happy. Despite the bureaucracy here, despite the fact that it seems to me that here poor people could just die since you need to pay in advance or do a lot of paperwork for whatever thing you want or have to do.
But the environment is so nice, people look so light, so much like the enjoy life, that you just can't be upset. People's clothing are light, way of interacting is light (French girls behave like they don't give a shit about anything), it is just like everyone here really feels like life is to short, so why bother with anything else beside enjoying it?
I hope to be able to absorb and make mine a bit of this attitude. Not the careless, but a bit more of lightness and just enjoying what it is around me.

Plus, the working environment so far is not only highly motivating, but also really really relaxed and so extremely nice. People are productive even if they have long coffee breaks very often. Which means, it is possible to be productive without always being pushed or stressed. Beside, my bosses are extremely good, nice and friendly. I never experienced anything like that in the working environment, so I hope it will last. I am afraid of waking up from a dream.

Maybe here I will learn to live again and have a life beside work.
I just like here. A bit more friends, my own place to live, less bureaucratic bullshit and I think I wouldn't mind to spend more than just a year here.

No comments: