Thursday, June 5, 2008

Flatmate

Montpellier (France), night

I have to admit that the last two flatmates I had (the one in the USA and the current one) were both weird.
The one of the USA with no doubt, the weirdest person I lived with. Weird sometimes in a scary way, like the time I got back home to find her desperately crying about her hip. Apparently she had such a terrible painful problem to her hip that she was limping and the physician told her not only to not do sport (to take it easy basically), but also that she would need a complicate surgery and that she could end up on a wheel chair. Of course, I got terribly worried and feeling sad and sorry for her. Imagine the scene. You come back home from a hard day of work, you just desire to relax going to the gym and then as soon as you step home, you find your flatmate in tears in a urgent need to share her sufferance with someone. That someone of course is you. So, you change your plans and then you spend the following hours trying to convince her that she can't lose hope, that maybe her surgery could be better than expected and solve the problem and bla, bla, bla, till the only result you get is that she runs away (still in tears) to her room (of course thanking me for the help). Anyway, that time, when I finally managed to make it to the gym, who did I find her sweating and pushing like crazy on the step machine? Obviously, my flatmate, with no sign of hip pain not that evening not anymore in the following months we have been living together.........................
But that is only of the stories of my experience of sharing an apartment with her.
The current one just behaves like she lives alone. So far, beside spending every single hour at home with the tv on and talking on the phone, didn't seem too weird.....But this evening, in which I came back home totally exhausted, I saw a pair of blue underwear in the organic trash. Since it was not my underwear (also because I would have remember if I would have trashed with the organic trash), I imagined it belonged to her. I don't investigate on why she trashed that underwear, that is her business, but I admit I was a bit disgusted about this discover in our common trash....But the thing I wonder more about it is why would you trash your underwear with the organic recyclable stuff and not in the general trash? does she wear recyclable blue underwear? I had a strong input of knocking at her door just to ask her that.

No comments: