Friday, June 20, 2008

it happened again

Montpellier (France), evening

I am more and more convinced that I should just stay far from the kitchen. I am Italian and I am a woman, but cooking is seriously not in my genes...sometimes I think I have been adopted...except that I look too much like both my parents. My mum can just make a great meal with an empty fridge. With an empty fridge, I can just get some pasta and try to boil it and add pasta sauce (already made it). And I manage to make a disaster also with something so easy. In fact, I made so much pasta that I could feed an entire family with it.......If I am alone, I really don't care very much to what I eat, as long as it fill me and makes me happy at the moment (but I don't eat junk food). If I have someone for dinner, beside getting completely stressed at the idea of cooking for someone else (I feel like it is a huge responsibility feeding someone and make him/her happy with what you prepare) and needing a week to mentally get in the mood of preparing something, I can prepare something even quite good...

This pasta is really too much and too salty and I didn't even put salt in the water that I used to cook.....

2 comments:

Cycling Goddess said...

Yikes, I have moments like that too. I like cooking for myself and can be adventurous but as soon as someone's coming, yikes! I get all nervous :)

Good thing about pasta is that it keeps in the fridge for a few days so it's not too bad. You can use it a few days later.

fromtheworld said...

I ate it all!!!! I am sure it will all go on my hips! I cannot leave food in a plate. I grew up in an extremely catholic country.