Saturday, June 28, 2008

pictures of the apartment

Montpellier (France), night

After my previous two blogs, I thought that I have to put some pictures of the place here, to show how nicely old is the building and how dirty I found the apartment.

On the left of this sentence there is what you see as soon as you enter inside the building. It is so nice and cool there, that some people put a table with two chairs to hang there. I guess it is cooler that in most of the apartments of the building. From there, the stairs to go up to the apartment start and it looks like in this picture on the right. And then you have the old stairs that brings you up and up to the last floor, where the apartment is. I have to write it again. The location of the apartment is great and the building too. Also, as they highlighted at the agency trough which I rented the apartment, in this place there is not risk of ending up with water in the building, since it is high up in the city, we are far from the seismic areas and also far from the area considered dangerous in terms of fires (I found these info weird, but there is a law based on which they have to inform the customer and make him/her sign a paper in which is stated that the customer has been informed). Ah, here a picture of the stairs.

Then finally, when you enter the apartment, this is the main room of it, with a lot of light. I like it a lot (especially when it will be clean and with my own stuff).

Unfortunately, what I found yesterday was not a welcoming environment in which to move as soon as possible. What I saw was more something like here on the left (to have a better idea of how dirty it is and which kind of dirt it is, just click on the picture and you can see it bigger. Ah, that foot is mine...I know I am not wearing fancy shoes and I have a fancy nail polish) and below. What it is not easy to see from the picture, is that there was a lot of cat food pressed and glued in some way to the floor. It was quite hard to remove it. After I managed to clean this mess, I found out that the floor is actually in a much lighter color that it seemed before.................

And I decided to also take a picture of the few furnitures that are in there, all of them with a piece of tape or broken (except the bed, that is the only surviving thing). Ah, the shower with the piece of rope, the two broken chairs and the mirror with the broken frame as the oven that doesn't work are not in any of the pictures. These are in the order the bookshelf, the drawer, the table and the bar on which to hang the curtains....just to give you an idea...Please consider the fact that I had to pay 450 euros of deposit just for these furnitures and that the rent of this place is higher because of the furniture....

Tomorrow I will go back there for more cleaning, and hopefully I will also start to move some stuff there.


1 comment:

Cycling Goddess said...

It's a beautiful building but man, that apartment is something else! It's very different here in North America but then again, we have different problems. I always think that your surroundings must be good to be happy. I hope you can make your new nest a good comfy one.