Friday, June 27, 2008

Thief/thieves

Montpellier (France), night

Maybe I am a bit of a paranoid person....but there is something I didn't write yet in my previous blog and I didn't like about today.

When I was standing in front of the door of the building where the apartment is waiting for the person of the agency to come with the keys of the apartment, the girl who lived in the apartment before arrived (she was supposed to have left the apartment in the morning). She said she left her cat upstairs and she wanted to get it before to leave. And she entered in the building. When a few minutes later we came in front of the door to visit the apartment and write down the status of it, she was still there. With the cat. And she was still in the building when we left 2 hours later.

Because that was weird and because I couldn't understand what she was doing there, I asked her. She said that she was waiting for the cat to calm down (2 hours?) and that she would have gone to Paris and then back to the Antilles. We left the building and we left her there. I had things to do, so I didn't get back there after that visit and I will go there tomorrow to clean it, but I didn't like to see her hanging around with a no reason.

So, I talked about this with a few people and only one told me to not worry. Since I have a huge imagination with a tendency of thinking to the worst and bloodier scenario, seeing that other people were as worried as I am and possibly even more, made me feel so bad that now I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight.

I will probably try to change the look, hoping that a) I can do it and b) the people of the agency in charge of the apartment will not complain about it. Better safe than sorry and based on the fact that here seems to be the paradise of thieves and any window of the bottom, first and second floor of any building as bars in front of them, I think I have reasons to be worried.

In these exact moments, I wish I wouldn't be alone to have this kind of stress and worries just on my shoulders.

No comments: