Wednesday, June 11, 2008

apartment

France, night

This is just totally ridiculous. To rent my new future (hopefully) apartment they asked me: a copy of my passport, my bank coordinates, a copy of my contract, one month rent for the agency (450 euros), two months deposit for the apartment (900 euros) to pay at the moment of the signature on the contract to rent the place, a person who can warranty for me (who has to fill in a lot of different forms), and then the first month rent.

Basically before to even enter in the apartment I have to pay 1800 euros, give them a lot of documents and pay everything with French checks. So, if you are a foreigner and you just started, you are screwed. I heard of this and I thought that it was only for Paris...but not, also here it is the same story.....

Will I be able to move to the new place and at the end when I will leave the place, get all my money of the deposit back? it is not that I find 900 euros up on a tree...

No comments: