Sunday, September 7, 2008

can you gain your self confidence back once you have lost it?

I want to go for a walk along the river. Before that, I want to share a thought. How can someone get his/her self-confidence back once it is lost? If I think about myself when I was 25, I was this cool girl, almost always happy, extremely positive and optimistic, energetic and successful. I was so self-confident to even be arrogant sometimes.

Now, I am a wreck. I know why this happened, but how can I get back in shape? In shape meaning with a bit more of self-confidence. Because otherwise I can complain as much as I want about my life, but I will just always put myself in the condition of depending on someone else to feel good or happy. Which is not really healthy or wise.

Maybe I should start running again on a regular base. That used to make me feel good, as well as teaching spinning...

3 comments:

fromtheworld said...

Thanks! I will look at it.

fromtheworld said...

The control your feelings (point 2) is really a difficult point for me to achieve. I am what I feel basically. Unfortunately, it is a good tip, but the website doesn't say how to do that. The point 3, have a mentor. This is something I should avoid...my self-confidence is already too dependent on other people, so I am their hostage and so my self-confidence....

Anonymous said...

Hi,

To answer your post title, YES, you can gain your self-confidence back once you've lost it. Doing things that makes you feel good can help you become more positive again. Actually, I believe you can achieve it because as you've said, you were a cool girl before and all. So I believe you can be the same again. Think how it feels good to be positive and confident before and let it motivate you.

I really hope you'll succeed in gaining back your confidence.