Monday, January 12, 2009

too smart

I walk km and km in these days. My IPod is becoming my best friend. Walking a lot calm me down. At home, I like to light candles to calm me a bit. It is a tough moment. It is. And I need a lot of strength to get out of this.

I was watching the movie "the way we were" on youtube. I tried to find the dvd. I love that movie. I couldn't find the dvd. I know, it will make me cry a bit more. But how many women did feel like Katie in that movie? I did. I do.

The other day when I went to the dermatologist (who always calls me "beautiful eyes") he asked me like always if I have a boyfriend. And when I answered "no" his answer was: "you are too smart, this normally makes things more complicated"..........

Uh...since when being intelligent is a down point? But I think more and more than if being intelligent goes with not just accepting what comes along, but going for what it can be best for you, then yes, being intelligent is certainly a down point....at least in my case makes me the way I am...which is demanding when it comes to men.

PS. I have to start to run again

2 comments:

Piccola said...

Hmm, I think that was a pretty male chauvinistic thing to say to you. Why should your intelligence deter you from being able to get involved in a relationship???? I mean, did he assume that you are trying to attract men of a lower intelligence level than you?? In my experience, intelligent men have no patience for half-wits. They need to have someone that can keep up with them.
So please don't let these comments bother you.
I read one of your previous posts about things being meant to be and I just want to say that I firmly believe that if you truly want something, it will manifest. I also believe that if you close yourself off to things, then ultimately they won't happen for you. If you feel "doomed", then that is what you will attract to yourself. The power of positive thoughts can move mountains. Optimism is key. Have you ever thought about making a vision board?? I believe in this concept. At some point I will get around to posting about it, and I will put up pics of mine. Some of things I put on my vision board are already manifesting for me!! :)

fromtheworld said...

I guess what the doctor meant (he is a really nice open-minded person) was that if you are not too intelligent, normally you also have the tendency to think less, being less demanding and create or see less problems. And I think in some way he is right. Of course, I think that in a couple the same level of intelligence is required, but sometimes being with someone who is really intelligent can also require some additional work.
For the rest. I was extremely positive. I was a person able to see life with pink glasses. And I was happy. Then year after year my positivity decreased, till now when I am more scared of whatever thing that positive toward it.
Vision board? I am really scared of saying things I wish laud...