Monday, January 26, 2009

too much too little

France, night

I had one of these days today in which nothing goes the way it should go. Which is of course annoying. I have been looking forward for the all day to the moment in which I would step home and keep reading my book. Still didn't happen yet. I had dinner, then watched an old movie, then chatted here and there and now I am so tired and still a bit sick that I don't think I can read.

Anyway, today I got to think about how many people receive too much and still don't see it or appreciate the way they should or even complain about it. And how many people instead receive too little and they are able to enjoy what they got, the way it is. This is not cheap philosophy, it is just the different way people are made. I guess I am unbalanced between the two things, especially depending on what is the subject we are talking about. In any case, I am someone who gives a lot, to friends, family and people I love. I can give really a lot. I guess I got it from my mom. And then I got to think, is it too much? I mean, everyone loves to be pampered, to be covered with attentions, but isn't this the perfect recipe to be taken for granted, to set a ground for people to ask always more and more or be really disappointed if they don't get what they are used to?

I am this way. And I honestly like it. I like to give. But I also don't like very much to be taken for granted. Actually, I don't like it at all. Or even worst, to feel that what I do is not even appreciated. I am not asking for a thank. This is just the way I am, so it is fine. But I would like to not hear complains from someone about receiving too much from me when apparently is not the right time and moment for this person to receive it. It seems to happen to me quite often. So, maybe people just love to be covered by attentions and be pampered, but only according to their needs, their time and their mood....

This is a bit complicated, since I am still not able to read other people's mind. Maybe I should work on getting better on this. ;-)

No comments: