Sunday, January 25, 2009

32 square meters

France, morning

Low profile week end for me. But that is what I wanted. I am feeling sick again. It is amazing. I never get sick and since I live here in France, I keep getting sick. I am starting to think that it has a lot to do with the lack of hygiene here as well as to the habit of French kissing each other, no matter if they are sick or not.

Anyway. So yesterday I went out with a friend of mine, visiting here from Strasbourg. Then I was supposed to go to a dinner, but I felt like I had a hammer in my head and so I decided to stay home to keep reading the first book of the Millennium Trilogy and to watch an old movie, Funny Girl. I am a big fan of Barbra Streisand. I wish I could see the musical of Funny girl on Broadway.
Yesterday the wind was so strong that I thought it would blow me away, even if I am not that light. I hope that there were no kids, cats or dogs, or anyway light living creatures outside in the wind...otherwise by now they are probably in Ireland, taken by the wind...

Today I woke up feeling better, but my eyes are still burning and my head is not doing too good yet. I need to clean my apartment. I am almost never at home and this place is extremely small. So, I wonder, how is it possible that it gets so dirty and so fast? how do people with large apartments normally do? probably they have someone who goes there twice a week to just clean these places...Cleaning my place is relaxing. It is. I put some music, I dance a little while swiping the floor, but still, it takes me quite sometimes and then after two seconds, it starts to get dirty again...can they invent apartments that clean themselves???? that would be a big big invention!!!

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

That's funny--my place get's the same way. I don't know how or why. it just gets dirty on the same day I clean it.

fromtheworld said...

we will call it "The mystery of the small apartments"...do you think that it happens also to bigger apartment???