Thursday, January 29, 2009

grandma's remedy

France, morning

I am working from home today. I am very sick. Just a flu, but due to an angry bacteria probably since it is already since a few days that I have it. And since I don't want to take medications, I am still sick. Last night I woke up at 4.30 am because my throat was burning in an unpleasant way. I then remembered that someone told me that doing the gargles with salty warm water helps to reduce the inflammation in the throat. I did and indeed, it did help a bit. I still have the pain, but less then yesterday. Now I just feel the flu in my ears, my nose, my head...
So, annoying...and I have to leave for the USA in a few hours (if the French strike would allow me)...this is not the best condition to travel....

In any case, if you know any other "home made" remedy, please, let me know!!!

6 comments:

GlitterVictim said...

Immagino che starsene al calduccio, a nanna, bere tanta acqua, spremute e una botta di tachipirina sia da escludere.

In bocca al lupo!

fromtheworld said...

infatti, sono al calduccio, fra un po' mi sa che faro' anche un pisolino, mi sto imbottendo di vitamina c sotto forma di agrumi vari, ma ancora non passa....domenica scorsa sono stata tutto il giorno a letto praticamente...e niente...tachipirina e' troppo forte ed essendomi passata la febbre preferisco evitare...mi sto anche imbottendo di the e miele...ma niente...

Portlandier said...

Feel better!

fromtheworld said...

Thank you MissB. I am drinking hot water with lemon, another grandma's remedy...hopefully something will improve...

J said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Eat blueberries they help your immune system! :)

fromtheworld said...

J: thanks for the advice...Blueberry are also so good. It is a pleasure to eat them!