Monday, January 19, 2009

Tom Cruise is among us

France, evening

Today I met, according to a lot but a lot of people, the most good looking European guy who works in the same field than mine. I heard so much about him, any conference we attended, if he was there, you could hear people talking about him (with comments going from "he is so good looking.." to "is he straight or not?"...)...I always thought that if I didn't notice him before, probably he was not so special looking according to my taste in terms of men.

So, I walked to his office where I had a meeting with this famous good looking guy and a friend of mine. My friend, before to meet this God of beauty, told me "do you know Tom Cruise?" of course I do...."so, XXXX looks like Tom Cruise, but better"....Maybe this is the reason why I never noticed this guy before. Tom Cruise is not either good looking or attractive to me. And then the French beauty appeared. And yes, I have to admit that he did actually looked a bit like Tom Cruise with deep green eyes.....but...............

Come on...two years that I hear people (girls especially) talking about this guy...two years....and that's it???? I mean, he is nice looking, but not something that you would talk about from country to country in Europe among people doing our work.

After this, I had another confirmation (not that I needed one), that when it comes to men, what is attractive or not attractive to me is not something too objectively attractive to other people. So, my friend was surprised that I didn't start to melt as soon as I met this French version of Tom Cruise.

No comments: