Saturday, January 10, 2009

heart breaking

France, evening

I am back in France. I couldn't believe that in a few weeks I forgot how dirty it could be here. On my way from the supermarket to home, a drunk man vomited next to my shoe. I was fast enough to remove my foot from vomiting on it. It was absolutely disgusting. A lovely welcome back on top of other things which I already have in my mind.

For today, a citation:

There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream - whatever that dream might be.
Pearl S. Buck

The next weeks, maybe months are going to be awful. I am so scared of that. I have to find all my strength to keep going without falling completely apart. I don't know where I am going to find this strength. I need to find a way to get out of this coma.


3 comments:

Portlandier said...

Why will they be awful? I'm thinking of you and I hope you will find what you need to break your coma. I am confident you will and that this is just a strange time in your life? :) Hang in there.

Piccola said...

Pearl S. Buck is the author of one of my favorite books, "The Good Earth". If you read further in her page of quotes (that you linked to) perhaps you will find the answer to your dilemma,

"Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up."

I am confident that you will be fine :)

fromtheworld said...

thanks a lot to both of you for your support!