Thursday, February 7, 2008

REVOLUTION part 1

Lucca (Italy), night

I went downtown for a walk this evening. I was walking fast, not caring about anything around me, with the music in my ears and thinking.
There is an instinct of revolution inside me now. Maybe because of all the past stress, maybe for the lack of life of the last years, maybe for the desire of changing things that I don't like of the world, maybe because I am getting older and I not necessarily like it. The fact is that I was walking with fire in my legs, full of energy like I was going to fight and I started to make weird thoughts.
I started with the desire of stopping to walk and start to dance, there in the middle of the street, in the middle of the provincial people who live in Lucca and always look in a bad way to whatever thing or person is slightly different. And then after that I started to think, why can we not fight our wars just in a pacific way, just dancing for example or singing? just releasing our energies the way we feel like, without harming anyone. I strongly felt like dancing, but I am too shy to actually do something like dancing in the middle of the street with everyone looking at me. But I would do it if I would know that someone would follow me, I would do it as a protest against being all the same and doing the same things over and over as someone told us to do. I would do it to complain about things I don't like. Just dancing, or singing, or jumping, all together. Wouldn't be wonderful? wouldn't be exciting? If we actually could fight our wars in this way? if I could start and then like a wave this rhythm would spread and other revolutionary people would join me for a big pacific revolution? We could dance wearing t-shirt with our protest. In a totally pacific way, but so strong and so energetic that it would be difficult to stop or ignore it.
I know, it is a crazy idea........................
But after that, immediately after, I started to think about the meeting I had yesterday at the Museum in Florence. Science and with science in this sentence I don't mean medical science, but just basic science, is in Italy just like an hobby. It is not something that you could do as a job, but you can keep it as a passion. So, why should I in these months that I am here dance my anger out of me and get some money to cultivate my passion? It wouldn't be the first time. I have been working in a discotheque during my first and only year of PhD in Pisa. And I would certainly get more money dancing (of course with all my clothing on) than as a scientist, no matter how good I could be in either of the two fields.
And from here I start with my second blog about revolution.

No comments: