Saturday, February 16, 2008

Parlami d'amore

Lucca (Italy), night

Just a short blog before to go to bed to read my Bill Bryson' book.
I went to the movie theater with my mum. I wanted to see the new movie of Muccino. No, there was not Germano playing, so I didn't go for Germano, just for the movie. I expected to see a serious movie. But this was just too much. All the characters were basically screw up. None of them was without heavy problems: there was Sasha, born in a community to recover from drugs and living his life with the fear of being abandoned, in love for someone he saw last time when he was 8 years old. Then there was Nicole, a probably 40 years old woman in a grey marriage, who's previous boyfriend suicided, then there was Benedetta who beside being on drugs and alcohol, when was 10 was the "girlfriend" (as she calls herself) of a 40 years old man, who was a friend of her father and obviously a pedophile. It is probably supposed to be also a love story, but everything seems so rotten, so granted, that I cannot say I liked it. I left the movie theater with a bitter taste in my mouth. As I said, I expected a serious movie, but this was too much pretending. Beside this, I didn't even like the acting of the actress who plays Nicole.
Of course, the movie theater was full anyway since Muccino was playing in there and so, a lot of young girls saw it just for him.
Now I need a good book and a cup of tea.

No comments: