Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the cat

France, afternoon

Today I stayed home to prepare for the job interview that I will have in a few weeks. The chances I get the job are not too many, so if I want to increase my possibilities I seriously have to do well at the interview...which is not easy...so many things to read and study and especially remember.

Anyway, I feel a bit like when I was preparing the exams during my University studies. All day home, except a few minutes walk outside, going back and forth from the desk to the fridge, eating a lot, trying to find some concentration, feeling stressed and excited at the same time....ah.....I am happy that I am not a student anymore.....

I just came back from a short walk and I got to think about how funny animals can be sometimes. There was a fancy mercedes parked on the street and a beautiful cat was sitting on top of it, basking in the sun. Because the sun soon moved, the cat decided that it was about time to move too and so if you would have been the cat, from where would you have tried to get down from the car?
I think the cat could have jumped directly from the car on the floor. But it looked like scared of the high.....it was on the edge of the top of the car looking down, like someone on the top of a cliff peering to see that little something kilometers away. Anyway, the cat tried to get down from the car using the lateral window....no, too slippery. Then the back window....not convincing....then it finally slide down from the front window...but really, it slide....it took to the cat some minutes to be able to touch the floor again....It was so funny to watch...it looked so lost....it was cute!
I love cats!

PS. I forgot....this week commemorates the 200th birthday of Charles Darwin!!!

No comments: