Sunday, February 8, 2009

news from the States about Lucca

France, evening

I forgot one thing. No three things actually. First, I had bagels in New Jersey. Good bagels!!! one with jam and one with soy cream cheese....so good!!!!
Second, as I am almost done reading the first volume of the Millennium Trilogy and I am looking forward to read the next ones, as soon as I could, I went to a book shop to buy the second volume of the Trilogy. And what did I find out? That while here (in Europe) the third and last volume of the Trilogy just got published in every possible language, in the USA they just published the first one, the second will be released in the next months and none is aware of when the third one will be printed....isn't that weird? I guess they want to prepare the market for it...but once it is translated in English for the UK, they could publish it also in the USA, right? At least, I would think so. But apparently no...so, I have to get it here....tomorrow....
Third, New Jersey local newspaper (local means the one for the part of New Jersey that faces Manhattan and it is on the other side of the Hudson river...this picture is a bit dark, but the lights are from Manhattan). What was one of the article published in there about???? Lucca and the ban on having new restaurants serving "ethnic" food....can you believe it??? I get to New Jersey and what do I end up reading about???? about Lucca and how close mind is the mayor of the city etc etc....If it was a strategy to make Lucca better known around the world, it may have worked, considering that even in New Jersey what happened in Lucca is worth it an article in the newspaper!!!

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

Hope you had a good time!

fromtheworld said...

Hi MissB. Let's say I had an intense and also difficult week....