Tuesday, February 10, 2009

opera

France, afternoon

I am listening to the Madama Butterfly, from Puccini. There are some operas that are so beautiful and the music so touching that I get goose skin every time I listen to them. Because I was listening to the opera, I got to think about my beautiful opera dress. A dress that I got years ago exactly to go to see the opera Don Giovanni at the theater in Munich. A black long dress, with the corset in black velvet and the skirt in silk with velvet embroideries. I wish I could wear it more often. It is in Italy now, as it is not a dress that I would squeeze in a suitcase every time I move from one place to another. And here so far, I never went to the opera, even if there are two big opera theaters. Neither I went to see the opera in New York, even if I would have loved to see something at the Metropolitan. I still hope that one day I will be able to see something, maybe the Carmen in New York.
Getting back to my dress and the opera in Munich. It was such a nice week end that we spent there. We were three, all single at the time. The atmosphere at the teather was wonderful, we were all gloomy, we enjoyed the opera, we enjoyed Munich. It was so nice. There are simple little things that you share with some good friends that will stay in my mind forever and will make me smiling with tenderness every time I will think about them. The week end in Munich for the opera is one of them. Beside, it was also very funny as I am not able to walk on heels and so of course I had high heels under my beautiful elegant dress and of course as soon as I stepped outside the apartment door, I twisted my ankle and almost felt. Like in a movie, the olandesino who was next to me (and at that time was just a friend) caught me before I could touch the floor and ruin my beautiful dress.

If I think about it, I did a lot of cool things in my life so far. I saw a lot of places, met a lot of amazing and interesting people, learned a lot of things....mmm pretty cool, yes.... and I was thinking a few minutes ago that in my life what it matters most to me is the precious relationship I built with some of the members of my family and my close friends. I can consider myself lucky for the people I met in my life so far (of course, excluding a few very bad bad ones....)....

No comments: