Tuesday, December 30, 2008

traveling

Italy, morning

This morning my mom's cat, Camilla, is really agitated...maybe she feels my mood...she just climbed from inside my mom Christmas tree and now she is playing with any pen or paper on the table where I am working (and also with my cellphone).

I keep feeling lost, I keep feeling empty and I hate the New Year Eve coming closer. I am not ready. I will miss someone special tomorrow night. At the end I will spend the evening with my sister, her husband, my mom and other couples friend of my sister. Lots of couples. I didn't find a better option. Fortunately, my mom and a friend of her will be there too and they are both single, so I will be not the only one....even if of course, it is different..

I decided that to push away this feeling of loneliness and emptiness, I will take a long d-tour to come back home to France. I will spend some days traveling a bit around here in Europe. Not that traveling will allow me to escape my feelings, but maybe it will distract me. Even if loneliness normally travels faster than I do and follow me wherever I go...

2 comments:

Portlandier said...

cute kitty! I hope you have a good time on New Year's-it will be over soon and you will be on your way to a new start. I am jealous you will get to travel around Europe and that you live there in general, have fun!

fromtheworld said...

I love my mom's cat. She is so funny and active. I have to admit that living in Europe is pretty cool. There is so much diversity even in small distances. That is one of the things I like more. But also living in some places in the USA is not bad at all. For me, what it makes really a difference on the long term, is if I make friends or not where I am. But I have to admit that I loved to live in Amsterdam even if I didn't have too many friends there.
Aren't you planning to spend some months in Italy quite soon?