Monday, December 8, 2008

father and son

France, evening

Ok, this is what I definitively needed to boost my mood....Science findings can sometimes be depressing. If this study is true (and fortunately it seems to have more effect on sons than on daughters), my sister and I had probably a very low IQ at the age of 12 compared to the other kids...

I am always amused by these studies. I mean, someone is already depressed for its own situation, like having an absent father, and then do you think that this person also needs to know that "hey, you think that your father screwed up really well your life, but maybe you don't know that it screwed up every more than just your life...."?..come on...

Or like when you read these studies with written making love regularly improve the immune defense, improve the mood, helps losing weight and all these beautiful things....and of course, you are single....I mean, what is one supposed to do?

Scientists please understand one thing. The ones who had a great father, have a happy sex life, are happy enough and not waste any time reading things around the web to know how lucky they are. The ones who instead are a bit screwed up by their fathers and even more, maybe single, they DO NOT NEED to know that actually their situation is not just bad, but it is actually worse than what they think, because also their health pays the consequences of being single or their intelligence has been negatively influenced by a father who didn't invest on them....

Come on! Give me a break!
In any case I have to arrogantly said that if the absence of my father screwed up my intelligence, I made it anyway trough school and I even got a PhD. Maybe I can go much further and I will not get a nobel prize, but still....don't think to be below average!

3 comments:

Portlandier said...

I know what you mean about these "studies". ugg.

La Femme said...

He he. You're funny!

fromtheworld said...

Some humor against the scientists who want to make anyone with some problem feeling even worst :-)