Tuesday, December 2, 2008

French men

France, evening

I got to the conclusion that French men are rude. Not all of them probably, but some for sure and more than in any other country where I have been living.
A guy today. Never saw before. He came into my office to repair the shutter of the window. He didn't say good morning. Nothing. He said "it is too hot here". And I answered him that since I spend all day at the computer it is not the same as when you come from outside, like he just did. He repeated "it is too hot here". And I said that the other guy who is in the office and I like it that way. Again "really too hot". That was the conversation for about 5 minutes, when he decided to conclude it saying "pffff, women, you are not going to get to the age of 40 in this way"........
I was shocked...would you say something like this to someone you see for the first time?
And the reason why I wouldn't get to 40?
Because it was too hot in the room. And cold preserves better. This was what he said.

I mean, which kind of education do they teach here????

3 comments:

Portlandier said...

How rude!

fromtheworld said...

yep, I thought the same.....

La Femme said...

Ahhhh, the Frenchies.

You have to be feisty to keep up that level of general annoyance all the time!