Sunday, December 28, 2008

same book, different me

Italy, evening

There are times in which the same book, read at different age or in a different mood gives you something different. It happens to me. Not with too many books, but with some good ones.

I just finished a nice Italian book I was reading. It was nice, entertaining and I enjoyed it a lot. The title is "Le tre carte". I left a comment about it in my book session. I already bought another Italian book. I feel that if I don't want to completely lose my Italian vocabulary (which is already happening), I should read more Italian books.
Anyway, it is days that I am thinking about a book I read long time ago, when I was a teen ager. The title is Momo, the author is Michael Ende. As I wrote, I already read the book. But I keep thinking about it and as when I read it I am sure I appreciated (or not, I can't recall) for the novel, now I am more thinking about the insights of this book. I am sure I have it here around, so I will try to find it (or I will buy it again) and re-read it.

I had the same with the "Le Petit Prince". Read it when you are a teenager and you see the novel. Read it when you are older and you find something else in there.

I am addicted to books. But tonight, I will watch tv (I don't have a tv since 7 years, so when I am in Italy I can't stop stare at it), because there is a movie I like "Love actually".

2 comments:

Piccola said...

I finally bought the "Love Actually" DVD on Christmas Eve, but I had to search all over Portland before I finally found it. It was sold out everywhere. I love that movie :)
I agree with you about the books. I think life experience makes you appreciate and find deeper meaning in things. I hope you are in better spirits! Happy New Year :)

fromtheworld said...

Welcome back!!! I missed your comments. My mood is still the same...not that good yet...I hope it will improve day after day...
Happy New Year to you too!