Tuesday, December 2, 2008

are we too old for a passionate, crazy love?

France, morning

First, watch this part from the last episode of sex and the city. It is related to this post.



Second, it is since last week that I have this continuous thought in my head. It doesn't leave me. I heard a lot, but really a lot of women saying that once you decide that you are ready to settle down, you stop looking for a big love, to instead start to look for a stable man who desires a family as well. It doesn't get to me yet how the two things are incompatible. But it seems so....you get around 30 years old, you apparently start to feel the tic tac of your biological clock and bum you realize that yes you want a family and kids and it is time to give up romance and passion and crazy love for something maybe less deep but more stable.

Based on my limited experience I can say that probably part of this is understandable. As soon as I am mad in love for someone, my brain capacities diminish, I am much more sensitive to anything the other person thinks or feels, I am more prone to drama, and so for sure it is easier to have a relationship without so much up and down when I am less involved.
The point is, so far I have not been able to have a relationship with someone for whom I was not crazy about. And yes, I had plenty of pain because of this. But I can't imagine to look at the person I am with and need my rationality to remind me why we are together.
A lot of times I heard these women who married or have a family with someone who was "right" saying that "he is a good father, he supports the family, he is good to me"....I understand that these are important qualities....but what about love? Yes, sure, after some years the crazy passion, the strong attraction will be diluted and I know that sometimes the people involved in the relationship are not able to deal with the lack of these factors that brought them together in the first place. But for me, it is just the evolution of the relationship, the growing together. A relationship that changes with time, as the two people involved.

So, the point is...Is it because I am afraid of commitment that I just can't think of having a relationship with someone for whom I am not madly in love? some of these women told me this. That I am just not ready to have a "mature" relationship and I still live them like if I was a teenager.....But why when you get to 30 or over 30 you can't still dream of finding someone for who you madly fall in love and then start a family with him? why after a certain age our romantic part fade out in the advantage of a more rational view?
Aren't we rational enough in a lot of other fields of our lives? why rushing to lose also the last romance? Is it that scary be over 30 and be a woman who wants a family?

Sorry, I am not ready to give up the mad love, the feeling of having my stomach upside down every time I see this person, the passion.
Definitively not!

2 comments:

GlitterVictim said...

Non ti puoi neppure immaginare quanto abbia odiato Petrovsky.

fromtheworld said...

concordo pienamente!!! ma che palla e'...tutto lui tutto lui...impossibile!