Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Merde

France, morning

If there is something typical of France is "merde". It is everywhere.
French people use the word "merde" in almost every sentence...and most of the time the word has not specific meaning in the sentence. It is just to make the concept stronger.
Second, walking on the street, on every street in France, is like walking along a trail with obstacles. The obstacles being dog "merde" (when it is not human, since I even saw a mom helping a kid pooing in the middle of the street) everywhere.
Of course, this morning when I walked to work, I stepped on it.
In Italy we say that it brings you good luck.
I really hope that at least the bad smell and the disgusting feeling of stepping on a dog poo can be paid back by some good luck today.....

PS. I started to read the book "a year in the merde". It is quite funny so far.

3 comments:

Portlandier said...

pooing in the street?!! ewwww

Piccola said...

I can't believe a mother would let her child poo int he street! Che schifo....Did you finish Twilight? How did you like it? So when will you be in San Fran?

fromtheworld said...

MissB I agree with you ewwwwwwwwww.
Piccola, yes I saw twice a mother holding a child while he was pooing on the main road. It was absolutely disgusting.
But here they are not that sensitive about poo on the street it seems.
I finished twilight and to be honest, after the first part that I loved, I found it a bit boring. I wrote a short comment in the book I am reading section of the blog. I was disappointed.
I will be in California between March and April :-)