Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chie-chan and I

France, night

I am not sure of what it is the English title of the last book of Banana Yoshimoto (that I love since her book Kitchen). In Italian corresponds to the title of this blog entry.

The book is weird, but I love when I read something and I find one of my thoughts or the way I feel in there. It just makes me feel less lonely, like I am not the first to think that.

Of course, the original book is written in Japanese and I am reading it in Italian, so what I will write below may not be the perfect translation of a paragraph of the book.

"I thought that maybe, if I remained single [but it may also be alone; in Italian we use the same word and in this context they both fit well] for so long, it was because I hated the idea of becoming like this, because I feared to need someone so much to not be able to live if that person would have died............."

I feel and I felt in this way often. Being afraid of needing someone so much to not be able to even think of how my life could be without this person. I don't allow too many people to become an important part of my life, but the one they do or they did, they just remain part of my life, no matter how often we talk or we see each other or which way our lives have taken.

No comments: