Tuesday, August 26, 2008

spinning

France, night

How would you go to the gym if you would know that you are going to sweat like crazy? I guess you wouldn't wear make up. And what would you wear if you would know that you will move up and down on a bike sit? I guess you would wear something comfortable, right?

Well, I went to a gym this evening, to try a spinning class. I have a certificate to teach spinning and I have been doing it for many years. So, I may have been advantaged on other beginners in terms of knowing what to wear or not. However, independently of which course you are taking at the gym, I noticed a common feature of gym's people. Which is that with the exception of the gym where I was going in the USA (people there were going to the gym to actually do sport), in all the other places I have been living so far, gyms are places where to catch a man or a woman, depending on the personal taste. Knowing this, people dress and behave accordingly.

So, at the spinning class there were women with make up (probably waterproof, so no risk of make up melting down on the face) and even women with a tennis skirt....now, can you imagine how uncomfortable is to bike fast and then go up and down on the bike sit with a short tennis skirt? in fact, after a few minutes on the bike, these two women put a towel under their sits. And then another woman had a t-shirt with such a wide opening that while biking and moving up and down on the bike, everything on her front balcony was moving up and down (I guess sport bra are not really sexy, but they may be useful in this kind of situations) with her....for the happiness of the teacher's eyes I guess. However, it was probably so uncomfortable (but of course, attractive to men), that every few minutes she needed to slow down and adjust the t-shirt in the front.

Nothing to say. I love people watching. I am fascinated by people behavior.

No comments: