Sunday, August 24, 2008

In a need of learning some bad French words

France, afternoon

I can say bad words in Italian, English and Spanish, but not at all in French. And I feel every day more and more the need of learning some of them. Why? because sometimes I feel I am "welcomed into the jungle" here. I lived too long in countries where the respect for other people is a priority. The south of France, or anyway the Montpellier area, seems to be far from this. I thought that men could be bad in Italy, but here it is worst.

Here men follow you (it happened to me yesterday), insistently stare at you, even if you are sitting at a table restaurant with another man (it happened to me too) or insult you if you say "no" to something (it happened to my mom and I with a man who wanted to clean the window of my mom's car...he also spat on the car).

Being nice doesn't help in these situations. And most of the times, I am just so amazed that I have no idea of how to react and in which language. From this the need to learn and practice just a few good clear "fuck off" words, so that in case of need I could use them.

I feel that people security should become one of the priority of each civilized country.

1 comment:

fromtheworld said...

I will practice this. I am pretty good in showing when I am pissed off, but when I walk on the street I am just not prepared to that. Normally I walk completely spaced out and in a totally observing mood. Not at all prepared to be aggressive.