Monday, August 25, 2008

water on the kitchen floor

France, evening

Still at work. Last night I didn't sleep well. Too stressed about work and feeling too many responsibilities...sometimes I think that I am really stupid to let my work to rule my days like that. Tomorrow I will try a course at a gym close by, so that maybe some hard core sport will help me to chill out.

Beside this, today my boss came to work in a pissed mood. Not with me fortunately (even if I have to admit that I was afraid he was thinking that I am retarded and so being disappointed for that...my self confidence=0). The problem was that a pipe in his kitchen brake during the week end and so till a few hours ago not only he spent hours trying to find someone to talk to at the renting agency, but none came at his place to check the pipe. He has to close the water, which is not a pleasant thing to do, especially in this season. I was ready to wish him better luck than I had with my apartment, when he said "if you live here, better never need anyone to repair anything is your apartment, otherwise be sure you will spend months trying to have someone coming to your place to fix the problem". I thought that what happened with my apartment was something pretty unique. Apparently not. Shit happens. Apparently to everyone, every day.

Conclusion. Someone just called here in the office (7 pm) from the renting agency. Of course my boss was not here anymore. Which means that till now he didn't manage to talk to anyone from the agency. This means that the agency till tomorrow will not call anyone to repair the things, which means it can be a month before the pipe gets repaired.

Welcome to the South of France! I can't remember who said to me that nothing works properly in Italy. This person probably never lived here....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.